Thursday, March 19, 2015

My thoughts on Disney's Cinderella (2015 live-action movie)

SPOILER ALERT

...You have been warned...
-----------
So, I saw Disney's live-action Cinderella and I was, to tell the truth, a little surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm not much of a princess girl but I really enjoyed Cinderella. I liked the feeling and spirit that accompanied the film.

1) "Have courage and be kind"
This was kind of the motto of the whole movie; it was repeated many times. It's first told to Ella (Cinderella) by her mother. Ella ends up telling this to Kit who tells it to his dad. That's something I like, Ella is inspired by her mom, Ella inspires Kit and Kit inspires his dad. It's also interesting to look for whether Ella keeps this advice throughout the movie.

2) "I forgive you"
Personally, if I'd been treated like a piece of dirt but still expected to do everything by stuck-up, snobby people, I don't think I'd be very fast in forgiving them. But Ella, in the end forgives her step-mother. That's pretty amazing.

3) "Just because it's what's done, doesn't mean it's what should be done"
I love this!! This is another thing that Ella says that inspires Kit. I really like this because in the world, there are so many things that can keep us from doing what's right. Peer pressure is, I think, the big thing. That and "what will so-and-so" think of me if I do this?"

And that's what I thought was cool about Cinderella.

No comments:

Post a Comment