Wednesday, March 23, 2016

#Elevate Easter

Easter is the time of year we celebrate Christ's wonderful, selfless act of love for each one of us.
It's not commercialized like Christmas, which is really nice, because Easter truly marks one of the greatest, if not the greatest, thing ever to happen in all of history.

At Easter, where do you find hope?
At first it can seem like a bit of a complicated question but it's not really. Where do you find hope, especially in the Easter season? That's what I think this question is asking, or at least I interpret it that way, maybe you see it differently and that's okay.
My answer is: in the scriptures, my family and my beliefs.
Without Christ's Atonement that takes care of all our sins, pains and sorrows, we'd have to shoulder the burden ourselves. If you think about it, that's really discouraging but, when we search the scriptures, we can find hope, peace and joy in His great sacrifice.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
 ¶Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- Isaiah 53:3-5
I'm so grateful for the Atonement because I know that through sincere repentance I can be forgiven. I also know that because of the Atonement, He knows exactly what it feels like, He knows when it seems like no one else does. He knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment