Sunday, September 3, 2017

Recognize All The Gifts Around You

So a while ago (I guess it was more like a few months ago), I saw this video And I thought, "wow, I take a lot of stuff for granted. Like a lot of stuff."
It's like when you get a paper cut on your thumb and it's tender so you avoid using it and you suddenly realize just how important your thumb is.
Or when the internet isn't connecting and you realize just how much you use the internet on a daily basis. (It's also kind of nice too though, you know, a little time to unplug.)

I'm not the best person at this but I'm trying to be.
And I think it's pretty important too. I mean, there are people out there who do not have what we have and whether they're perfectly fine without it or struggling, we should be super grateful for what we have.
Just looking around me right now, I'm so grateful for bathrooms (those are insanely vital things, you know), toothbrushes and toothpaste, pictures, technology, chapstick, planners, books, post-it notes, the list could go on and on.
And I really don't need all of those things, I mean, I could totally live without post-it notes but life is so much better with them for me, at least, I don't know about you all.

There is so much to be thankful for in this world. There may be so much hate and violence and sorrow and loss but there's also so much light and goodness and smiles and love.
Despite all the tragic and crazy things happening all over the globe, we live in a pretty wonderful world.

No comments:

Post a Comment