Monday, December 29, 2014

Goals!!

New Year is coming up and with it comes the feeling to set goals to do try harder and do new things during the upcoming year.

Someone once said that if you don't write down a goal then it's only a wish. I think that's true in the way that if you write something down and put it where you see it often, you tend to do more about that goal.
Once you've written it, put it up where you can see it often and then work toward that goal.

I enjoy playing soccer, or football, and, as all sports, soccer requires teamwork. You can't expect to score a goal all by yourself. You have other players all over the field helpping you.
In the same way, a goal can be better achieved when you tell your friends and family about them. That way they know and can support you and give encouragement if needed.

Motivation also helps.
A couple years ago I wanted to buy a LEGO architecture set of Falling Water. My motivation was the joy and fun of building it once I got it.
So, once I knew what it was I wanted, I started saving money. It took time, pateicnt and effort but I did it and I felt amazing.
I'm sure you've felt this way before, you studied hard for a test and thanks to all that work and the time you spent, you passed.
Fulfilling a goal feels...amazing. You realize what you can do.

Challenge: make a goal, even if it seems kind of small, and do it. 
Challenge #2(Two challenges I know!): make a long term goal. Do you want to go to college?

Have a wonderful New Year's Day and a great year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment