Sunday, July 12, 2015

How Do You Want To Be Remembered?

Ever wondered about what people will say about you once you're gone, or just on vacation? Do they say you're an excellent friend? Loyal? Funny? Or would they say something different?
Either way, what do you want them to say?

I recently had an interview for a library job and one question I was asked was, "How would your friends describe you?" I thought a moment. "Quiet. They'd probably say smart." But I couldn't really think of anything else. I mean, I don't ask my friends "hey, how would you describe me?" but it made me think about how I'd like people to describe me.
I'd like to say that I'm loyal, funny, smart, kind, thoughtful, a great friend, always willing to serve, helpful. And that brings the thought, "if I want them to say that about me, what do I need to do to achieve that?" Maybe it means that I need to work on being more willing to serve and looking for more ways to serve and then acting on those ideas. Maybe I need to be more attentive to other people's needs and, again, act on my observations.


So, what do you want your friends to say about YOU?

No comments:

Post a Comment