Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sportsmanship

I went up to Maryland this week to watch my cousin play professional woman's soccer. I really enjoyed it; the game was exciting but one of the things that really caught my eye was the players on both teams.
There were a few injuries, none too serious, and at least one member of the opposing team would make sure the fallen player was alright. It was really eyeopening, not that I think that sports teams hate each other or anything, it was just really nice to see.
At the end of the game, which ended in a tie, the teams not only met in the middle of the field to congratulate one another on a game well played, they hugged each other. It was really cool.
Just because we might not all be on the same team, it doesn't mean we can't be friendly with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment